You will learn:
What’s in the Training?
The manual is over 300 pages long and includes a wide variety of topics. Here are some of the things that were added in April 2019:
- Added a tip for how to avoid getting a suspension on your listing.
- Updated the section on how to report a fake listing.
- Added a section on things to know about editing on Google Maps & the Local Guides program.
- Updated the Moving your Business section to clarify if moving locations causes a decrease in ranking. Added a case study from a business we work with who recently moved.
- Added a section that clarifies if optimizing for near me terms is a strategy that works.
About the Author
- Columnist on Search Engine Land
- Gold Product Expert (formerly known as “Top Contributor”) for Google My Business
- Writer for Moz
- Speaker at various marketing conferences including Pubcon, SMX, Mozcon, & Search Love.
- Faculty Member & Speaker at LocalU
- Owner of the Local Search Forum
- Moz Local Search Ranking Factors Contributor
Founder & President, Whitespark
Joy Hawkins is one of the most knowledgeable local search practitioners in the industry. She understands how to research, identify, and solve GMB ranking issues like no one else. If you’re struggling to rank in local search, Joy is the consultant that will get you on the right track.
Example Excerpt From the Guide